The mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide the most innovative, highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost effective manner, and to facilitate the achievement of goals and objectives of each of the City's departments.
DEPARTMENT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Provide effective technological support for computer systems, web-based applications, voice, video, and integrated data services to all city departments.
- Promote and facilitate the integration of technology to effectively meet the overall mission of the City using collaborative efforts through planning, programming, training, and consulting with all departments.
- Develop, enhance and manage the City's enterprise network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity to all resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support each department's functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of technology within the organization through the development of innovative applications.
Geographical Information Systems Team
The GIS team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the City's computerized mapping. This technology enables the capture of geographic features, City facilities, infrastructure and spatial phenomena in digital format. The digital data is used for spatial analysis and mapping which support City staff with planning, maintenance and emergency services. Click here for more details.
SB 272 Compliance
Approved on October 11, 2015, SB 272 adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates. Below you will find the Corona compliance catalog.
Corona Enterprise Systems Catalog
For questions about the Information Technology Department, please e-mail the Information Technology Department or contact us at (951) 739-4843.