HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION EVENT
There will be a Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection event at the City of Corona City Hall parking lot, 400 S Vicentia Ave (Enter off of Buena Vista.). The dates are March 11 and 12, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. This event is open to all Corona and Riverside County residents.
HHW collection events provide you the opportunity to properly dispose of HHW and Electronic Waste (E-Waste) and it's FREE! Here are some important guidelines to follow:
- You may bring up to fifteen (15) gallons of a hazardous liquid waste or a total of 125 pounds maximum per car per trip (up from 5 gallons and 50 lbs. in 2012; State Law). Multiple trips are allowed.
- Do not mix materials, keep original labels on containers. Container shall be marked and secured to prevent leaks.
- Use a sturdy box in the trunk of your car. Containers holding gasoline will not be returned.
- The event will be canceled if rained out or excessive winds.
- HHW includes: latex paints, pesticides, oils, solvents, cleansers, antifreeze, used oil and filters, aerosol cans, chlorine, BBQ propane tanks, household and automotive batteries, syringes/hypodermic needles, fluorescent tubes and many other HHW items.
- E-Waste includes: monitors, computers, televisions, and other electronic items.
- The following will not be accepted: Business or Non-profit waste, explosives/ammunition, medical waste, waste in 55-gallon drums, radioactive materials, appliances and tires.
For a listing of upcoming events or additional information, please visit the Riverside County Waste Management Department at http://www.rivcowm.org or call (800) 304-2226.