The Corona Public Library welcomes and supports all people
in their enjoyment of reading and pursuit of lifelong learning.
To volunteer at the Library, you need to attend a Volunteer Orientation. These are held monthly on Monday evenings and begin promptly at 7:00PM in the Belle Street Community Room. To view the orientation schedule, click here
Volunteers must be age 12 or up. Adults 18 and up must also pass a background check following a brief interview with library staff.
Corona Public Library welcomes volunteers for:
* Students aged 15-17 may be promoted to these positions with staff approval after a minimum of 20 hours as Homework Helper or Greeter.
- Homework Helpers - Ages 12-17 : Help students K-6 with homework under the guidance of Library staff; Any day, Monday-Thursday, 3:00-5:00PM.
- Book Cleaning Crew – Ages 12-17 : Work with peers to brighten up some “well-loved” books! Saturdays, 9:30-11:30AM.
- Concierge/Greeter - Ages 15 & up: Welcome patrons entering the library. Provide directional information and refer them to library services. Assist patrons with self-checkout machines. Requires a regular schedule.
- Shelf Reader - 18 & up: Keep books and audiovisual materials tidy and in call number order. No schedule required – drop in! *
- Tech Squad-18 & up: Directly help the public work with computers and other gadgets. Requires a regular schedule. *
- Storyteller – 15 & up: Read stories quietly & informally to small groups of children in the Children’s Room on a regularly scheduled basis. Requires a regular schedule.
- Friends of the Library – 18 & up: Sort, price, and sell donated items in the Friends’ Bookshop. Some positions are drop-in, others require a regular schedule.
- Adult Reading Tutor – 18 & up: Help English-speaking adults acquire or improve basic reading and writing skills. Requires long-term commitment of at least several months. Scheduling is between you and your student(s).
- High-Skills Positions – Experienced Professionals: Occasional openings appear when the library has a specific need, requiring skills such as clerical, marketing, teaching, computers, and more. Keep checking http://www.volunteermatch.org/ and search in Corona!